Please submit an abstract for an oral presentation or a poster by 15th June 2023. The Scientific Committee will evaluate all abstracts by the end of June 2023. You will be informed whether or not your abstract has been selected for an oral presentation or a poster by the beginning of June 2023.
Conference topics include:
- Raw materials and technologies for the production of alternative proteins, new and emerging resources (e.g. sourcing and processing; functional properties)
- Application of alternative proteins in food, feed and ingredients products, human and animal nutrition (e.g. new applications; comparison to foods and feed of conservative protein origin; naturalness and clean label; impact on sensory characteristics)
- Safety of alternative proteins (e.g. current safety requirements; challenges for food security)
- Regulation of alternative proteins (e.g. legal/regulatory landscape and challenges in the EU; governmental dependencies within and across countries)
- Sustainability of alternative proteins (e.g. urgent challenges of global food and feed systems; circular systems; improving international or global access; public health; nutritional value and health benefits)
- Economic feasibility of alternative protein production: (e.g. upscaling and feasibility for mass production; opportunities to strengthen the economy; retail insights and market forecasts; market strategies and gastronomy)
- Consumer acceptance and trust in alternative proteins (e.g. market and consumer research addressing eating behaviours, consumer and stakeholder attitudes and motivations; approaches to boost consumer trust; value chain shifts in the alternative and conservative protein markets)
If an abstract is accepted for an oral presentation, it must be presented at the conference. The presenting author is responsible for registering for the conference by 30th June 2023. If the presenting author is not registered before the deadline, the corresponding abstract(s) will be removed from the program and electronic proceedings.
Each oral presenter will have no more than 15 minutes presentation time. Time keeping by the session chairs will be strict. Authors of studies involving proprietary products or formulations may present this information in its research context, but not as a product pitch. Oral presentations should use PowerPoint.
- All abstracts have to be in English – the official language of the conference.
- The abstract is limited to 2500 characters (including spaces, references).
- You can submit up to two abstracts per person. Each duly registered presenting author should present at maximum 2 abstracts.
- Please enter the role of each applicant (presenting author, co-authors).
- The abstract submitter will receive all future correspondence regarding the status of the abstract and will need to keep his/her login identifier and keyword for future access to his/her work.
- Abstract submission deadline & Early bird discount: 30.06.2023
- Notification of review outcome in the beginning of June 2023
- Deadline for accepted authors to register to confirm their attendance: 30.06.2023