1- Bremen Airport- Bremerhaven main station
In front of the airport you can choose a TAXI to Bremerhaven. For that you should expect around
- Take the tram “6” to Bremen main station (the tram starts at the airport about every 10 minutes). There are electronic information signs for departures.
- Take the train from Bremen main station to Bremerhaven main station. The ride is about 45 minutes and there are approx. two trains per hour (a faster one: RE and a slower one: NWB). The ticket is about 15€ (one way)
2- Hamburg Airport-Bremerhaven main station
Rent a car at one of the rental car stations. Use google maps for navigation purposes. You can go either over motorway “A1” and “A27” to arrive at Bremerhaven (fastest) or take some country roads across from Hamburg to Bremen (no costs for motorway-use in Germany for private driver).
- Take tram “S1“ to Hamburg main station. The tram is departing every 10 minutes from Hamburg Airport. Just follow the green “S”. Cost are 3.60€ for a single ride. The tram needs 24 minutes to arrive at Hamburg main station.
- Take a train from Hamburg main station to Bremen main station. It will take you 1:10 hours.
- Afterwards, take a train from Bremen main station to Bremerhaven main station. The ride is about 45 minutes and there are two trains per hour (a faster one: RE and a slower one: NWB).
3- Hannover Airport- Bremerhaven main station
Rent a car at one of the rental car stations. Use google maps for navigation purposes. You will be mainly driving on motorway “A27” (no costs for motorway-use in Germany for private driver).
- Take tram „S5“ to Hameln or Paderborn main station (depends on departure time) and drop out at Hannover main station. Departure is every 30 minutes and you will arrive at Hannover main station in 17 minutes. Costs are 4€ for a single ride.
- At Hannover main station take a train to Bremerhaven (RE8). In approx. 2 hours you will arrive at Bremerhaven main station. The RE8 departs every 2 hours.
- There are also other options to arrive with a stopover and train change in Bremen. E.g. You can take the IC to Norddeich Mole, drop out at Bremen main station and further take a train to Bremerhaven main station. This option will take 2:30h.
4- Bremerhaven Main station- City centre and Conference Centre Sail City
- Once you arrive in Bremerhaven and step out the train station you will find both options directly in front. You can either choose one of the taxis to arrive at your hotel/conference center or you can choose to
- Take a bus…
“505”: if you want to go to the city centre you can drop out at “Große Kirche” if you are going for one more station you will arrive at the station “Bremerhaven Havenwelten”. This is where the conference takes place.
“504”: Same as with 505!
“502”: Same as with 505!
“506”: Same as with 505!
“509”: Bus 509 is stopping at “Bremerhaven Havenwelten” but is not driving through the city centre.
“508”: Same as 509!
A single bus-ride costs 2.50€
From “Bremerhaven Havenwelten” it takes you another 6 minutes walking to arrive at the final destination “Atlantic Hotel Sail City/ Conference Centre Sail City”! Just pass the street behind the bus station and go straight ahead to the dike. Conference information signs will further help you to reach the conference
onference Centre Sail City
Am Strom 1
+49 471 48770
We wish you a safe trip to Bremerhaven!